Planning Your Move
There are questions your organization should ask when choosing a moving service and questions that you should ask during the planning stages of your move.
- Do computers or any other electronics need to be packed? Fragile items should be clearly marked
- Do you have files, papers or other documents that contain sensitive, confidential information that need to be packed and transported?
- What are your building’s policies on external moving services? What security measures are in place?
- Do you have furniture that can be liquidated or sold?
- What time of day and day of the week will make your move the least intrusive for your employees?
- Are your items properly labeled with placards?
- Does my moving company hire trained professionals who are vetted beforehand?
- Do any items or materials need to be stored before they can be transferred to the new location?